This was taken with my DSLR mounted on the telescope tube, and using the telescope’s motor drive to track the sky for a five minute exposure (click to embigulate). We have looked at the Pleiades before, but I’m quite pleased with this picture because it brings out some colours, and a tree in my garden managed to sneak into the frame. You can see that the tree blurs slightly as though it’s moving; actually, the tree stayed still, while the camera and the sky moved.
Follow @keithlard on Twitter for daily chortles, dubious factoids, and whimsical marginalia.
Tagsarchitecture astronomy bikling birds bitfield bitfield & The Major books comics cornwall eden love me movies music photos recipes
If you didn’t like this, you won’t like:
- Moose Mansions - an alleged ‘comedy’ webzine
- Shimari - my diary of playing Go, the world’s most absorbing board game
- Cribbage Corner - the greatest card game for two players
- Bitfield Consulting - my business blog
- Hunt the Artist - original paintings of Cornwall
- Cornish Ceremonies - get married in Cornwall