More music by my ambitronic alter ego, bitfield. This was made some time in the late 1990s, using a Yamaha QY-300 hardware sequencer (pictured). It was a nice machine which I kept for many years, and wrote a lot of music with. Including this piece, featuring steel drums, sitar, synth flute, Hammond organ, marimba, and General MIDI patch no. 124 (‘Birdsong’). I remember I made an interesting rhythm break (at 01:51) by double-tracking the drum loop and time-shifting it forward by one MIDI clock, creating a phased effect and a satisfyingly fat kick drum sound.
Follow @keithlard on Twitter for daily chortles, dubious factoids, and whimsical marginalia.
Tagsarchitecture astronomy bikling birds bitfield bitfield & The Major books comics cornwall eden love me movies music photos recipes
If you didn’t like this, you won’t like:
- Moose Mansions - an alleged ‘comedy’ webzine
- Shimari - my diary of playing Go, the world’s most absorbing board game
- Cribbage Corner - the greatest card game for two players
- Bitfield Consulting - my business blog
- Hunt the Artist - original paintings of Cornwall
- Cornish Ceremonies - get married in Cornwall